Still Clueless, 17 Years Later... - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

Still Clueless, 17 Years Later...

17 years ago, Paramount Pictures decided to make a modernized movie based on Jane Austen's 1815 novel called Emma. What was created would soon go onto become one of the most beloved movies of all time. That movie was called Clueless. Based around a spoiled but kind-hearted Beverly Hills girl, the film showed Cher (Alicia Silverstone) tackling all of life's biggest obstacles; boy's, fashion, and friends. Add to that a colorful cast including Paul Rudd, Jeremy Sisto, Wallace Shawn, Brittany Murphy, and so many others, a killer soundtrack, and some of the best one-liners the big screen has ever seen ("Whatever!") and you have yourself an immediate cult classic!



My how times have changed. I mean just take a look at the cast then....




and now...





Wow! Paul Rudd has moved onto become one Hollywood's biggest funny men, Jeremy Sisto has tackled Law & Order, Donald Faison got big on Scrubs, Breckin Meyer is on Franklin & Bash, and look at Wallace Shawn a.k.a Mr.Hall! Clueless is without a doubt a movie that can never get old in our house and everyone's got to have a favorite. 

I liked Mr. Hall and Miss Geist the best! Who did you like best?

11 comments

  1. My favorites were Mr. Hall of course and the surfer dude, who I thought was cute. Though Jeremy Sisto was an ass in the movie, I LOVE HIM now. Loved and loved this movie plus the soundtrack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cher and her girlfriends were always my favorite because they were so silly! Awesome photos! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was totally fun! Now I want to go rent Clueless and laugh for two hours. Thanks for the lift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dare I admit it? I had forgotten all about this movie. Time for Netflix!! Oh, I enjoyed the whole ensemble so at this point I don't have a fav, might after I rewatch it though! ; ) Thanks again for reminding me about this great flick.

    BB2U

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you believe, I've never seen it? I pay attention to what's happening in Hollywood but getting me to sit through a movie is a feat in itself. Amazing to see the cast then and now.
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously one of my all time favorite movies, GREAT post!!

    xoxo
    Cherrie
    www.chicacherrie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classic movie - love!! Stacey Dash is still such a beauty! Great post xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. this movie has had my heart since day one. :) and I still watch it all the time. It is genius and I appreciate all of the characters. It's when I first feel in love with Brittany Murphy, she was so cute and bubbly...may she rest in peace.
    Thanks for sharing the "now" photos. :) It's great to see how much the actors have or haven't changed. :)
    xoxo

    Marla

    www.marlitaontherun.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love that movie, I don't know how many times i had watch it! So sad that Brittany Murphy is now in the NOW list :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. 17 years!!!! They look exactly the same!!! Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved Clueless! Best movie ever. And I heart Paul Rudd!

    ReplyDelete

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)