Affordable Fashion For a Holiday Weekend - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

Affordable Fashion For a Holiday Weekend

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.


While I like to think that my style is on trend and that I am always wearing things that are cute, I don't have the biggest budget. That means that I have to be a very smart shopper and I always look for affordable fashion. For this campaign I was asked to go shopping at Sears to purchase some summer pieces, that I will be wearing for a small holiday weekend I will be taking in San Diego. Knowing that Sears has really great brands, I knew I would be able to find exactly what I needed. What surprised me though, was how much of the store was on sale and how little I spent on my purchases. I got one bottom and three tops and could have probably squeezed in a pair of shorts, but I didn't realize my total was so low till I actually paid. 


What I kept thinking when choosing these items was, versatility. The pair of skinnies in coral are something I don't already own and will go with many outfits. Can you believe those were in the clearance rack? They are a great pop of color and perfect for San Diego. The lace tank is also super versatile and can be worn with any color bottom, shorts, skirts or pants. The two bralettes (something I am really into at the moment) can be worn inside the tank and the floral one can also be worn alone with the perfect pair of shorts that I already have at home. 


 My weekend has been rescheduled until August because we had recent car troubles. But as soon as the car is ready, I am pretty much set to go. Since having Julius I have had to learn the art of light packing. But it actually works out really well and I find that I don't end up taking a bunch of stuff I didn't need. Here are a few of the tips I follow to keep my packing light and still have everything I need. 

Packing Tips
  • For a simple weekend, one bag is enough. My bag happens to be pretty roomy, but I am sharing it with Julius, so my stuff has to be minimal.
  • Plan your outfits ahead of time: For a three day trip, I only need 3 outfits and one bathing suit. No sense in packing items that will only make my bag heavier.
  • Check weather ahead of time: I looked at Weather.com and found that I would not need to take a sweater or light cardigan because the week I am there it will be in the 90's.
  • Pick shoes that can go with all outfits: I hate packing shoes, they take a lot of space and sometimes I only end up wearing the most comfortable ones anyways. So I packed my gold sandals for all day and only took my wedges for going out to dinner. 
  • Don't forget the essentials: I always take my face wash, moisturizer and sunscreen. Just because it's a vacation doesn't mean I don't need to worry about my skin. 

I am excited to show you the looks I came up with that include the four items I purchased at Sears. 


w/ the coral skinnies



w/ my everyday black tights


the floral bralette with  high waisted shorts I already owned


As you can tell I love this little top, it is so pretty and bright and though it's small it covers just enough so I am comfortable wearing it alone.



Perfect for a day at Sea World and some sightseeing...



This next look will transition from day to night with minimal changes.


This look is perfect for daytime and at night all I need to add is my polka dot wedges and some gold accessories. I really like it and have already worn the lace top more than a few times.

I had a great time shopping at Sears and I still can't believe how affordable everything was.The Shop Your Way Rewards program is also a great way to add to those savings. I got a $10 off a $40 purchase email in my box the day after my shop. 

Get more outfit ideas for summer by visiting Sears Style online and on Facebook. You can also see my complete shop by visiting my #ThisIsStyle Google+ album here. I love the summer looks I put together that are going to be absolutely perfect for my weekend in San Diego. 


Find many more summer tips from Sears and other Collective Bias clients in the Live SoFab digital magazine below.

10 comments

  1. You look awesome !
    Im loving those bottoms :)
    http://betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures, you picked great stuff. All of it is very much your style. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget the essentials: I always take my face wash, moisturizer and sunscreen. Just because it's a vacation doesn't mean I don't need to worry about my skin. This is the stuff I never remember to bring with me and end up having to buy some that is always over priced. I need to get better at this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never wear mid-riffs, but they look awesome on you! Cute pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You look amazing! Really great clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohlala..amazingly perfect! Love it so much especially the Floral Bralette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love traveling in summer versus winter because the clothes are smaller and lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely lovely, really like the coral trousers with the under lace cami.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I love the floral top, so vibrant and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing a great job!! I love the choices you selected!!

    ReplyDelete

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)