World Breastfeeding Week: Why I Breastfeed My Son #BreastfeedingWeek - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

World Breastfeeding Week: Why I Breastfeed My Son #BreastfeedingWeek


I knew before my son was born, that I was going to breast feed him. Not everyone is able to do it and while it seems like such an easy thing, I found out once it was my turn that it is not that simple. But it is worth it and there is not one day I would go back and undo it. We are a breastfeeding family and my son reaps all the benefits.

Breastfeeding is recommended by pediatricians because you will give your baby more nutrients and he will grow faster and stronger. Breastfeeding protects babies from getting sick easily and lifelong illnesses.

It's free! You don't have to spend so much money on bottles or formula every month. This is important when you are on a tight budget.

It helps you lose the weight that was gained during pregnancy which is a major plus in my book. I weigh less now than before I got pregnant with him. 

Breastfeeding definitely strengthens the bond between you and your baby. It provides my son a sense of security and we really have an incredible bond already. My family laughs and says he is always next to me because I am his "boob". And I guess I am. He eats a lot and I am the one that has the food. 

It's also so much more convenient! It is always available whenever you need it and you don't have to prepare it like you do bottles. I do carry a formula and clean bottle at all times for emergencies, but all that is such a hassle. It’s better for me because as I have explained before, I am lazy.

There are some negatives to breastfeeding as well, I admit. There are times that I leak like crazy through all my cute clothes. I also hate when I get the hard painful bumps in my breasts from not feeding him on time or enough. This pain is so bad, you want to practically die. I also get embarrassed to feed him in public, like in malls. I feel like people are staring when they probably aren't, I just feel like they are, so this has been harder to get used to. Now to top it all off Julius started teething and has two teeth which means the biting has begun. He bites me and I scream and then he laughs like I'm playing around and does it over and over again because he thinks we are playing a game.

But through the good and the bad it's me and my baby boy. We will stick this out as long as we can. I am just happy that I am able to do this for and with my baby.

3 comments

  1. It definitely is better to breast feed your baby as long as you are able to. However there are woman who for what ever the reason are not able to and they should not feel bad1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, that is why I am so happy I can do it. I know my mom tried with all of us and she was only able to feed me for three months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something I want to do when I have my child :)

    ReplyDelete

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)