#Recipe : Licuado de Calabaza + Very Rare $1 Off Milk Coupon #Positivismo - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

#Recipe : Licuado de Calabaza + Very Rare $1 Off Milk Coupon #Positivismo

This is part of a sponsored campaign with the California Milk Processor Board and Latina Mom Bloggers
However, all opinions expressed are my own.


The holiday season is the best because of all the food we get to eat! We have spent most of the month of October snacking away on all kinds of baked goods accompanied by a cold glass of milk. I am a big milk drinker, my drink of choice being chocolate milk, but I also love baking and making licuados de leche with it. Today I am taking a recipe that is pretty new to us but that I really enjoyed in the end. My mom is always talking about Pumpkin Spice coffee, lattes, breads and as much pumpkin as she can get. When it came time for me to share a recipe that features milk, I decided to do a spin on our favorite licuados and incorporate her beloved pumpkin. 

Here is my very simple recipe for Licuado de Calabaza or Pumkpin Shake. 


This makes one blender full of licuado or 2-4 glasses 

Milk: 2 cups whole/skim milk
Orange Juice: 1 cup OJ
Pumpkin: 2 cups of pumpkin canned or fresh / you can also do steamed versus raw
Vanilla: 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla
Pilonsillo: 4 Tablespoons for garnish over the licuados
Brown Sugar: 3/4 cups of Brown Sugar
Cinnamon Sticks: for garnish only, they make it look cute
Banana: 1 Banana

Instructions- Easy, just throw in the blender and blend away for about 30 seconds to a minute.

For a more coffee house type drink you can top off with whipped cream, cinnamon and nutmeg. You can also add more sugar or less, depending on your sweet tooth. My sisters all told me this needed more sugar. But I like to keep things as low cal as possible without going diet so this amount was fine by me.


This is the sneak peek I shared on Instagram when we prepared it.


We made two blenders full of this licuado, so it was a hit. We are going to be working on  a few variations this weekend, if anything good comes up I will be sure to share it. I know we also want to make dulces de calabaza, if we manage to pull that off I will let you know for sure! 

When you make your shopping list for this coming week, don't forget to add the milk, you will need it for all the baking and cooking ahead! Save some money on that milk by grabbing this very rare $1 off 2 gallons of milk coupon. Get that printed out before heading to the store and save some cash.

Visit the Toma Leche online and Toma Leche on Facebook to get many 
more milk-based recipes and ideas for your holiday cooking. 

Milk Coupons

7 comments

  1. That looks delicious! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! se ve absolutamente delicioso!! tengo todo para prepararlo exepto la vainilla, me la voy hacer, es nutritiva por que la calabaza tiene muy buenas propiedades alimenticias y junto con la leche la hace aun mas nutritiva

    johanna guerra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love milk too, especially chocolate! I love the recipe. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que rico espero q me quede igual q la foto cuando lo prepare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good. Very unique recipe, I don't think I have ever seen pumpkin in a drink like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Se ve delicioso, lo voy hacer porque me encanta la calabaza.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Diet Taps into Innovative Plan to Help Dieters Lose 15 Pounds within Just 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)