November Toma Leche Recipe: Arroz con Leche #Positivismo - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

November Toma Leche Recipe: Arroz con Leche #Positivismo

This is part of a sponsored campaign with the California Milk Processor Board and Latina Mom Bloggers. However, all opinions expressed are my own. 

We don't cook all the time, not really big meals made from scratch, except for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Those are the holidays where we get together with the family and just eat our troubles away. These two very special days are also the days that my abuelita brings out the "big guns". By that I mean the tamales and buñuelos. She used to make them all the time before but now that she is older, we only get them on these two holidays. Another treat that she makes for breakfast when the whole family is here, is her "world famous" arroz con leche with a side of te de canela. Yum! I love my abuelitas cooking, she makes the best food ever.


When it came time for me to visit the Toma Leche website for a recipe to share with you all, I decided I wanted to give the Arroz con Leche a try. I realize it would be a truly wonderful thing if I would learn how to make this myself so that one day my son might look at me and think that I too, am a great cook. One can dream right? When I saw the recipe, I was surprised at how easy it was going to be.

Arroz con Leche (6 servings)

1 cup of rice
1 cup of sugar
4 cups of milk
2 cups of water
1 cinnamon stick
cinnamon powder *for garnish
raisins *for garnish

Directions:
Pour water into saucepan with rice. Cook until rice is almost tender (10 minutes app.) and then add milk, sugar and the cinnamon stick. Cook for about 15-25 minutes until rice is cooked all the way through. Serve hot and add garnish.


It was perfection! Just delicious and so easy to make. I am in shock that it has taken me all this time to be able to make something that is so simple. I have been watching my abuelita take left over white rice and make this delicious treat, never realizing it was so easy to make.



I literally had to shoo people away who were trying to eat my beautiful little bowls before I got pictures. My sister Jack is a pretty harsh critic and even she agreed this was delicious. 



How delicious does this look?


The Toma Leche website is packed with delicious recipes just like this one. You must go check the site out and also visit Toma Leche on Facebook for many more ideas that will blow all those holiday guests away.  See how easy I made this arroz in the video below. 

I can't wait to make some more of these yummy recipes. I will see you in December with another a new one. I am already racking my brain trying to figure out what you all might like. If you have a preference, let me know below!

Have you grabbed your $1 off 2 gallons of milk coupon? 

Milk Coupons

No comments

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)