Goals and Plans for 2017 - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

Goals and Plans for 2017

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SigueConAdvil #CollectiveBias

Happy New Year! Its now 2017 and as usual, the year has begun with a bang. I'm just like most Latinas out there, I want to have it all and it's not easy. It helps that I have all strong women in my family, who have shown my sisters and I that you can do it all, even if not perfectly. 

With every new year we like to make a lot of goals and resolutions. My only two goals this year are: to be more present in my sons life and to grow my social media presence. The holiday season meant a lot of work for me and I need to make up for that with a lot of quality time with my son. In the meantime, I also want to raise my voice as a Latina blogger in the US. Family comes first though and with that, we have been spending these two weeks off having a lot of fun hanging out at home or by spending the day out. 

On those days that we go out I like to be as prepared as possible to ensure a successful and minimally stressful day. I don't like being caught without all the things necessary for a great day. I hate it when missing something as simple as your camera or extra clothes for the kids can ruin a day. 

How To Pack A Bag For A Day Out With Family


Packing an extra change of clothes when going out with kids is a must. This is not something that applies only while their babies, I find that toddlers get into as many messes as babies, if not more.

Make sure to bring warm clothing for later in the day. In California the weather is deceiving where it will be warm during the day and biting cold at night. 

Being a mom doesn't mean I've given up my love of looking good when going out. I always pack a small bag with cosmetics for touchups. Confidence is key to having a great day and if a lipstick can give me that, why not bring it with me. It's the little things, really. 

A camera is another essential, especially if you have kids. Don't forget to capture those memories with a few photos that will bring you back to those special moments. 

As a Latina on Social Media, the ever present cell phone always has to be on hand. This keeps me in touch with all of my social media channels and it's basically my on-the-go office.

Probably something that not everyone remembers to bring and will later find themselves having to stop at a quick mart for is headache/pain medication. Having a small child, I already now that this is one of the most important items in my bag. By packing a bottle of Advil® Tablets, I can be prepared to deal with a sudden headache or temporary aches and pains that like to show up unannounced.


Advil® Tablets are a key tool that takes care of my pain, so I can get on with enjoying time with my family. Find the small 24 count bottle at Walmart (along with other sizes) which is perfect for your purse. Nothing is proven faster, stronger or longer-lasting on even your tough pain. Advil’s got you covered for all your minor pains and aches (including common cold, headache, toothache, muscular aches, backache and minor pain of arthritis, menstrual cramps). *Among OTC brands. *Use as directed.


It's just a few days into the new year and with my family and work goals sorted out, it's time to get to work. I've started the first goal successfully by getting extra time with my son and then it will be time to form a social media game plan. Oh, and I have my job and school too! 


Luckily, like most Latinas, I have the necessary tools (including Advil® Tablets), and drive to get it all done. 

No comments

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)