How To Easily Create A Relaxing Space In Your Home - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

How To Easily Create A Relaxing Space In Your Home

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GladeAtmosphere #CollectiveBias

Every room in your house tells a story and one of my favorite things to do is decorate each room in our apartment to be a space where I want to hang out, where family and friends will want to get together. Today I am sharing how you can easily create a relaxing space in your home, especially if you live in a smaller place.

The entire idea behind this little setup is to spend as little money as possible. All of us usually have extra items laying around (or stored) that we can incorporate into this little zen area. I love picking up pillows and odds and ends when I find them on sale, this is a good time to bring some of those cute items out and use them.



The only items that I had to go out and purchase were the $10 stool to place the tray on and the Atmosphere Collection™ Fine Home Fragrance by Glade® candles, everything else was already in storage in our garage.

Candles are one of my favorite ways to add a touch of elegance, color and scent to any room. The Atmosphere Collection™ Fine Home Fragrance by Glade® Jar Candles have been my favorite since they came out, they look beautiful in any part of my home and add the most amazing scents to all the rooms I have them in.

I visited Ralph’s to pick out two candles for this area of the living room. I purchased N°1 Enraptured – Jasmine and Cedarwood with notes of Jasmine, lady apples, sweetheart rose petals on a base of cedarwood. This candle smells magical and enchanting and is one of my favorite scents in the range.

I also picked up N°2 Bright – Sweet Pea and Pear, which smells sweet and fresh. Laugh along with the playful scent of sun warmed pears and sweet pea flowers. This one smells very innocent and is the perfect candle to light at the end of a long day.


For the rest of the space I used:

  • the leather recliner that we picked up at a thrift store about 3 years ago for only $35. It's real leather and so incredible, a great thrift find for sure!
  • two throw pillows, one in a solid gray color and the other a bright, fun pop of color with a cute design
  • A reading lamp is essential in this spot and the added mirror makes the space look a bit larger
  • the $10 black stool is perfect and versatile, I can use it around the house as an extra sitting spot and it makes the perfect stand for a tray
  • last I took one of the many trays we own and placed a few odds and ends that just make me happy, including the Atmosphere Collection™ Fine Home Fragrance by Glade® candles



Even on the most stressful day, I can sit in this little spot with a hot cup of coffee, I can read a few pages in my book and relax while enjoying the beautiful scent of Jasmine and Cedarwood or Sweet Pea and Pear.




Find the entire collection of The Atmosphere Collection™ Fine Home Fragrance by Glade® candles at Ralph’s and use them as inspiration to create your own small zen spot in your home. Because they are Glade®, they are super affordable and you don't have to stress burning through them quickly. The entire line is beautiful, I recommend buying a few scents from the range if you haven't already.





Every room tells a story, what story do you want to tell?


No comments

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)