Light & Refreshing: Shrimp & Mango Shrimp Skewers - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

Light & Refreshing: Shrimp & Mango Shrimp Skewers

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
This content is intended for readers who are 21 and over. #MiCervezaPremium #CollectiveBias
It's a common misconception that in order to lead an active lifestyle, you have to abstain from good food and drink as well as constantly diet.
I've never had to diet, honestly - I don't think I ever could because I love to eat and I am a constant snacker. Instead of dieting or skipping foods
and drinks that I enjoy, I do so moderately. I also like to stay active. Making better-for-me choices when it comes to the majority of my meals
and staying physically active, allows me to enjoy all the food I want. It's about moderation and balance.
I also don't believe in giving up a good beer either, not when there is Michelob ULTRA.
Michelob ULTRA has 50 calories less than Corona Extra and 80% less carbs than Corona Extra.
With its light, crisp and refreshing taste - Michelob ULTRA is the perfect way to celebrate a big day,
without stressing about the calories.
My family is big into celebrating life  moments. Whether it's someone's birthday,
a baptism or an anniversary, we celebrate all with food. As with most Mexican families, we
eat a lot of traditional foods. Carne asada, carnitas or our beloved tamales are amongst our go-tos. My favorite
dishes are always the ones with shrimp; they are still packed with flavor but are lighter in terms of calories.
I can then save these calories for my dessert, which is my favorite part of any meal!
If you have a few pounds of cooked shrimp, you can prepare them in so many ways. My abuelita’s favorite is Camarones Endiablados,
which are so spicy, you're going to need a cold Michelob ULTRA at your side as you eat them. But a dish I love to prepare on the weekends,
when I am home and just want something quick and easy is Shrimp & Mango Shrimp Skewers. Here is my easy recipe.
Shrimp & Mango Shrimp Skewers
1lb cooked shrimp (cleaned)
2 fresh mangos
2 limes
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
Cut mangos, keeping them more flat than squared
Thread shrimp and mangoes alternately onto each skewer
Squeeze lime juice, salt and pepper the kebabs
Cook on grill for 2-3 minutes on each side
When kebabs are cooked squeeze a little bit more lime juice on them


This dish is very light and refreshing just like each bottle of Michelob ULTRA. The shrimp are not overly fussy and the ripe mango gives everything such a delicious twist. I love fruit and try to incorporate it into many of my dishes, this is a great way to use mango, which is a favorite fruit of mine.

So are you ready to seize the day with a better for you beer paired with one of your favorite dishes? I am! Michelob ULTRA is a premium, great tasting beer that won’t fill you up, with only 95 cals and 2.6 carbs. Next time you're celebrating or just enjoying some down time, open up a cold bottle of Michelob ULTRA. This way, you can celebrate and relax without stressing about the calories.

No comments

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)