Getting That Holiday Glow - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

Getting That Holiday Glow

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayGlow #CollectiveBias

With the arrival of cool weather my skin always goes a little crazy. You would think that my oily skin would relish the cooler weather and that I would breakout less, but it's not the case. I still have my oily skin but with this weather I get a lot of dry patches. How to balance your skin when part of it is oily and the other part is flaky and dry? That's why every year as soon as the temperatures come down, I have to switch up my skin care in order to balance my skin out. Last week I stopped by Costco and picked up a few items to add to my daily skin care regimen that will give me that holiday glow I need for these next months. 

I've been taking care of my skin since I was a pre-teen and one of the best rewards from that is that my skin is in good shape. I do have my regular breakouts but they have never broken out into full blown acne and I don't have a lot of discoloration at all. I never sleep with my makeup on and for me moisturizer has always been key. Let me give you a quick run through of my new skincare routine just to show you how easy and inexpensive it is to keep your skin in good shape. 

My quick & easy updated skincare routine:



Cleanse: Cleansing your skin twice a day even if you don't wear makeup is super important. I wash twice every single day no matter what. During the summer I will use an extra strong oil fighting wash but during the fall I like a mild and gentle foaming face wash.  


Tone: After turning 20 I added toner to my skincare routine because I had started to notice some unevenness in my skin. This toner has salicylic acid to help fight my breakouts but is gentle so that it won't irritate my dry spots. 


Moisturize: If you have time for nothing else then I suggest washing and moisturizing, these are my top two steps. For the daytime I chose Olay Total Effects Moisturizer which includes broad spectrum SPF 15 and is light enough to wear under my makeup. It's never too late to start fighting the signs of aging, Olay Total Effects fights the seven signs of aging and leaves my skin moisturized and even toned. 



I apply Olay Total Effects generously on my entire face and neck. I will be applying a powder with more SPF to protect from the sun but if you don't wear makeup or use makeup with SPF please make sure you wear another sunscreen under your moisturizer. 

Now my skin is ready for makeup.



At night I follow the same routine except I use Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream instead of Olay Total Effects. This is a stronger moisturizer that hydrates to firm and plump skin, keeping it younger looking. My mom uses this moisturizer and I would definitely suggest it if you are starting to see those age signs popping up. I love how soft and smooth my skin feels the day after I put this on. 




Find both  Olay Total Effects and Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream at Costco where you can find a lot of other heath & beauty items. Right now you can find a lot of cute gift ideas too. Whenever I go to Costco I feel like a kid in a candy store, I got new pajamas, a jacket and I already started checking off that shopping list. Plus at Costco you can buy in bulk and large sizes so you won't run out during the holidays. How about that value on these larger sized P&G skin care items! I like it when I know I won't be running out of my items anytime soon. 


My new skincare regimen will give me that holiday glow that will take me from holiday gift shopping to holiday parties. There is no better accessory than great skin.


What are some of your holiday must have from Costco and P&G?

No comments

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)