DIY DECORATIVE MARBLE TRAY - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

DIY DECORATIVE MARBLE TRAY

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GladeAtmosphereCollection #CollectiveBias

A lot of people feel that living in a small place has to be cramped and messy. But I live in a smaller apartment and though the place isn't incredibly charming on its own, I feel like we have been able to make it look really good. The downstairs living area has high ceilings and it's an open space, which made decorating it really easy. Now I am trying to do the same with my room, which has no windows, so no natural light to speak of, and not a whole lot of charm either. But I want my room to be a place that welcomes me at the end of a long day of work. I want my bedroom to tell my story and for people to know when they walk into it, that it's all me.

I've started my room renovation by ordering a new desk which will be here this week. In the meantime I have also been picking up some small odds and ends to put on it once it arrives. A lot of times it's those small touches that really add life to any room: 2 colorful throw pillows, a small green plant, a pedestal mirror and of course candles. Candles are one of the easiest way to give any room great atmosphere and add aesthetic to a drab space.



Cue the NEW Atmosphere Collection™ Fine Home Fragrance by Glade®. Have you seen this new Glade® collection? If not, you're in for a treat. I have always been a huge fan of Glade® candles, they are affordable, the limited edition collections super fun and they are so accessible. But now these candles have a seriously high-end look that will look amazing in your home, and guess what? They are still super affordable.


You can now get that high-end candle look with a Glade® price! I found the entire collection at Ralphs, all 4 scents can be found in the Air Care Aisle. I immediately fell in love with two of the scents and could not wait to see how they would look on my brand new marble tray.  


I picked up N°3 Free™ - Coconut and Beach Woods. This one smells just like a California beach and you will love it! It's my favorite by far, I actually picked up two of this scent so I could have a backup. The second scent I got is N°4 Tempted™ -Patchouli and Amber. This has a velvety evening smell and is as inviting as clean skin after a bath. The Atmosphere Collection by Glade® candles are my new favorites and I can't wait to pick up more.


Candles are a super affordable way to add atmosphere to any room, something else you can add to a room is a marble tray to hold your candles, makeup, books, etc. A marble tray can be pretty pricey though, if you look online you will find they can get really up there in price. So I looked for a way to get that same high-end marble tray look, but on my budget, and found a tutorial on how to make my own.

DIY DECORATIVE MARBLE TRAY



Materials:

marble tile: I paid $2.40 for this beautiful, glossy marble tile at the local hardware store. A bargain!
2 drawer pulls: this is where you can really personalize your marble tray. There are a ton of different drawer pulls to pick from. I found these acrylic pulls which will look great next two my acrylic makeup organizers. These were the priciest items from my DIY at $5.98 a piece.
4 vinyl bumpers: I paid $2.97 for a pack of 16 so I could have enough to make a few other trays for my living area.
industrial strength glue: I don't have the talent nor the equipment to drill the drawer pulls into the marble so I am using this glue which is pretty heavy duty instead. The tube cost me $4.42.

I spent $21.75 + tax and I still have bumpers and glue for future projects.



Start off by applying the self-adhesive vinyl bumpers to the underside of the four corners of the tray. These are great, they look like acrylic feet and protect the surface of anywhere you place it. They also keep the tray from sliding around.


Now you measure where you will be placing the drawer pulls, you want to make sure you have both sides even.  Mark it off with a pencil.


Now using the industrial strength glue, add glue to the bottom of each drawer pull and place where you marked off. Clean any excess glue off with a cotton swab and allow to dry for at least a day.

This is a decorative tray so I wouldn't feel comfortable picking it up by the handles, even though the lady at the hardware store told me that I should be able to with the glue I used. I would rather err on the side of caution and hold it from the bottom, better safe than having a broken tray!  


Voila! Now I have a gorgeous marble tray with a very high-end looking, amazingly scented N°3 Free™ - Coconut and Beach Woods candle to place on my new white desk once it arrives. The look is very glam and high-end, but as you saw, it was all done under $30 (including candle). This is such an easy and super affordable way to give any room some change. Using the NEW Atmosphere Collection™ Fine Home Fragrance by Glade® as inspiration, how would you add a touch of atmosphere and style to your home?

Find out more about Glade® on social media here:

No comments

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)