I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias #BeautyInspiration
I love changing up my look, if you have followed this blog for any length of time, you have seen how I love different makeup looks. For this collaboration with RIMMEL London, I thought about who my biggest inspirations have been when it comes to cosmetics and style, I immediately thought of Priscilla Presley. She has got to be one of the most beautiful women ever, and I love her style from the 60's. Everything from that thick eyeliner, the massive lashes and the huge hair, I love that entire look. Today I took her 60's look as my inspiration for an updated vintage, retro look that I can wear next time I go out. For this look I went to Walmart to purchase the new RIMMEL Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara and RIMMEL Stay Matte Foundation along with RIMMEL Scandaleyes Gel Liner and a RIMMEL 60 Seconds polish. For the lips I pulled out my RIMMEL by Kate Lipstick in #11, which is one of my favorite lipsticks. If you don't own a Rimmel by Kate lipstick, you must run and get yourself one.
Walmart is a great place to grab all your RIMMEL Cosmetics because they will always have the best price. April 2014 is RIMMEL’s 180 year anniversary, and there will be a $1 off coupon in the Sunday newspaper for the RIMMEL Stay Matte Foundation and RIMMEL Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara. Make sure to grab your coupons before heading off so you can get an even better value on these two great products.
Putting my look together:
- Using the RIMMEL Stay Matte Foundation (current favorite foundation), I applied one coat to my entire face. This is a thicker formula so I find that applying it with my fingertips works best.
- A thick eyebrow is key with this look. I went a little bit thicker and with more arch than I normally do.
- Using the RIMMEL Scandaleyes Gel Liner, I drew out a thick winged out line. This gel liner applies super smooth so it's easy to get that perfect line.
- Using the RIMMEL Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara I added one coat to my natural lashes before applying a pair of falsies. I almost wear false lashes because mine are so straight and thin. For this look the lashes are really important because the eyes are the focal point. I then applied two coats to the false lashes and ended up with thick and luxurious lashes, the ones I wish I had.
- A light dusting of bronzer on my cheeks, chin and forehead to give my face some color was the second to last step. I am doing a bright lip so I stayed away from a colored blush.
- The last step was applying my favorite RIMMEL Kate lipstick in #11. The original style had a nude lip but I don't really like nude colors on me, so I improvised to make the look suit me and what I like.
And my finished look....
Hair: For this look I straightened my hair and teased the top, clipping it in the back with a bobby pin. Another cute way to wear this is to do a side ponytail.
I got all these items last month for my birthday from Forever 21, minus the shoes. Not completely comfortable baring all of my middle with a crop top, I like to tie my plaid shirt on around my waist. I finished the look with the Rimmel 60 Seconds polish.
I'm very happy with the retro look that I came up with. I think it's very cool, very retro and yet at the same time, it's totally me. RIMMEL products are very affordable and give so you so many ways to create not just one look, but many. Get the look, with RIMMEL London!
Coty/Rimmel is having a Sweepstakes that includes $50 worth of popular RIMMEL products to achieve your favorite looks. There will be 25 winners selected, you can enter the sweepstakes below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Coty® Rimmel® Giveaway starts at 4/2/14 at 12:00 A.M. (midnight) ET and ends on 4/25/14 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to (i) members of the Social Fabric community, (ii) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and (iii) who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Click here for Official Rules and details including how to enter, entry criteria, prizes and restrictions, etc. Void in PR and where prohibited. Sponsor: Collective Bias, Inc.