Splurge or Save : The At Home Mani - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

Splurge or Save : The At Home Mani

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SallyStrong #CollectiveBias

Having nice nails is very on trend right now, but as popular as long, acrylic nails are, it's not something that I splurge on. I am a mom and long, talon nails are not something that makes sense in my life, not when I spend most of my day chasing around a 4 year old. But I still want my nails to be pretty, I want to be able to wear some of the really popular summer colors and I want my nails to be healthy. I have found that I don't have to splurge on an expensive mani, I can sit down and give myself an at-home mani every few weeks and use the money I saved to do something fun on the weekend. 
So yes, when it comes to a manicure and keeping my nails healthy and looking nice, I do save and do them at home myself using Sally Hansen Complete Care 7-in-1 Nail Treatment All in one and Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil which I purchased at Walgreens. 
   These two products along with: a nail clipper, nail file, cotton rounds, polish remover and soapy water will give me the same look I can get by going out to the nail shop. But without the hassle of driving out the busy mall, waiting for my turn and then driving home with wet nails. Plus I really enjoy my mani time at home, it's so peaceful and a nice way to spend an evening in. 

The At Home Mani

Start by clipping nails to desired length. My work and son don't allow for much length so I keep my nails nice and short, which also helps to curb biting them. That was something I struggled with for years.  
 Next I file and buff them down to shape them. 
 I really enjoy using the Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil, which is an intensely moisturizing Vitamin E oil that softens cuticles and cares for dry, brittle nails. This has a natural Essential Oil Complex with Vitamin E, Wheat Germ, Apricot Kernel, Aloe & Panthenol moisturizes and conditions cuticles while increasing nail flexibility and I have noticed a visible difference since starting to use it.
You can use this product before a mani or you can use it nightly to really help nail growth. Directions for use: Brush Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil onto nails and cuticles nightly. Massage in to help increase circulation to the nail bed and stimulate new nail growth.
If you use Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil before a mani make sure you remove completely with soapy water before adding any polish on top. You can also clean it up with nail polish remover, you just want to make sure you take it all completely off. 
Next it's time for the Complete Care 7-in-1 Nail Treatment is an all in one Base Coat, Top Coat, Growth Treatment, Strengthener, Ridge-Filler, Brightener, and Ultra-Moisturizing Nail Treatment. If your nails need some TLC I really suggest 7-in-1 Nail Care because it helps restore dry, brittle nails and helps with ridges too. 

This will be the base and top coat for today's mani and will be working away to make my nails stronger and healthier all while keeping my nail color on longer. 
 I purchased two new really fun summer colors and decided to go with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polish in Mauve over. This is such a pretty shade for everyday, I love it. 
Another coat of Sally Hansen Complete Care 7-in-1 Nail Treatment and I am almost done.
The only thing that is left to do is use a q-tip to clean up the edges. May the force be with you during this part, this is where I always manage to mess up at least one nail. 
 My at home mani time is actually something I really look forward to, I look at it as personal time that I get to pamper myself and take care of a really important part of my care.
 Sally Hansen Complete Care 7-in-1 Nail Treatment All in one is the star of my mani because it's such a mutitasker and really keeps my nails in good shape. Even with the shorter length, I still want my nails to be healthy and strong and they really are getting there. 
You can find Sally Hansen products at Walgreens and most of your local drugstores, Walmart and Target. I got mine on a quick stop in at Walgreens and so happy I did. 
Having my nails looking nice goes a long way to make me feel confident and pretty even if I am just at home wearing leggings and a bun. When was the last time you gave yourself an at home mani?

No comments

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)