Fighting Acne Over The Counter - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

Fighting Acne Over The Counter

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeforeDifferin #CollectiveBias

I've never been shy about sharing my skin issues with you all, especially about having to deal with acne. It's something that I have dealt with since I was a pre-teen. In a family of four women, it's always been hard to be the only one who has acne and that I am still dealing with it in my 20’s. Like most people in their 20’s, I am unable to see a professional about my skincare issues and have always dealt with over-the-counter products. Today I am starting a new journey with a product that is newly available at Walmart. I am going to share this journey with you in a 2-part post, starting with introducing you the product and how to use it.


Before starting, I want to show you a before shot of my face so we can all see the starting point. As you can see, I have my regular breakouts. This is actually not even bad considering what my skin can look like at moments, but there are still quite a few active breakouts and a lot of scarring and texture.


The product that I will be using is called Differin® Gel, which I purchased at Walmart in the skincare section. Differin® Gel is the first and only prescription strength retinoid now available over-the-counter for clearing and preventing acne. It's the newest advancement and ingredient in the OTC acne category in over 30 years! Differin® Gel clears breakouts where they start (deep in the pores), prevents breakouts before they begin, and as a result, restores skin’s texture and tone.


How To Use Differin® Gel


1) Wash your face using a gentle face wash
2) Towel dry
3) Apply a thin layer of Differin® Gel all over your face
4) Moisturize after each application
5) Apply SPF - when using Differin® Gel, take extra care while out in the sun
6) It's important to continue using Differin® Gel as part of your skincare routine, even after your skin looks clear, to help prevent future breakouts.
7) Repeat once a day, every day.


Who Should Use this Product?

Anyone who is suffering from mild to moderate acne.


I'm excited to see where this journey with Differin® Gel will take me, especially knowing that it was previously available only by prescription. Differin® Gel contains the multi-benefit dermatologist recommended retinoid, Adapalene, now available without a prescription to clear and prevent acne. It's exciting for me, as a young adult with acne, to now have an option accessible to me and available at my neighborhood Walmart!

This product is dermatologist developed and tested. Please call 1-866-735-4137 for any questions you may have concerning the product. However, should you experience any problems while using the product, please discontinue use and consult your healthcare provider.

No comments

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)