Fighting Acne Over The Counter - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

Fighting Acne Over The Counter

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeforeDifferin #CollectiveBias

I've never been shy about sharing my skin issues with you all, especially about having to deal with acne. It's something that I have dealt with since I was a pre-teen. In a family of four women, it's always been hard to be the only one who has acne and that I am still dealing with it in my 20’s. Like most people in their 20’s, I am unable to see a professional about my skincare issues and have always dealt with over-the-counter products. Today I am starting a new journey with a product that is newly available at Walmart. I am going to share this journey with you in a 2-part post, starting with introducing you the product and how to use it.


Before starting, I want to show you a before shot of my face so we can all see the starting point. As you can see, I have my regular breakouts. This is actually not even bad considering what my skin can look like at moments, but there are still quite a few active breakouts and a lot of scarring and texture.


The product that I will be using is called Differin® Gel, which I purchased at Walmart in the skincare section. Differin® Gel is the first and only prescription strength retinoid now available over-the-counter for clearing and preventing acne. It's the newest advancement and ingredient in the OTC acne category in over 30 years! Differin® Gel clears breakouts where they start (deep in the pores), prevents breakouts before they begin, and as a result, restores skin’s texture and tone.


How To Use Differin® Gel


1) Wash your face using a gentle face wash
2) Towel dry
3) Apply a thin layer of Differin® Gel all over your face
4) Moisturize after each application
5) Apply SPF - when using Differin® Gel, take extra care while out in the sun
6) It's important to continue using Differin® Gel as part of your skincare routine, even after your skin looks clear, to help prevent future breakouts.
7) Repeat once a day, every day.


Who Should Use this Product?

Anyone who is suffering from mild to moderate acne.


I'm excited to see where this journey with Differin® Gel will take me, especially knowing that it was previously available only by prescription. Differin® Gel contains the multi-benefit dermatologist recommended retinoid, Adapalene, now available without a prescription to clear and prevent acne. It's exciting for me, as a young adult with acne, to now have an option accessible to me and available at my neighborhood Walmart!

This product is dermatologist developed and tested. Please call 1-866-735-4137 for any questions you may have concerning the product. However, should you experience any problems while using the product, please discontinue use and consult your healthcare provider.

1 comment

  1. I hope it works for you - it definitely sounds promising! #client

    ReplyDelete

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)