Baby Lips Crystal in Pink Quartz - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

Baby Lips Crystal in Pink Quartz

I love Baby Lips for an everyday lip and when I heard the last two collections came out, I was very excited. I am not one of those Baby Lip lovers that buys the entire collection though, instead I find one that I really like, maybe two. From the new Maybelline Baby Lips Crystal Collection I only got one of the shades, which my mom picked up for me at Rite Aid. I saw the display one other time but since I have not been wowed by the color I got, I did not bother to buy a second or a backup. I read that this is the official Fall 2014 Baby Lips collection so it will probably be around for a while. I wish the case had been the same with the Pink'ed Collection which has one shade I love, but have been unable to find again. Here are my thoughts on Pink Quartz.


This collection is comprised of six shades and the new thing about this collection is the added shimmer. I really loved the packaging which also has pretty little shimmers on the tube, a very nice and different look to these balms I love. I am not a huge fan of glitter or sparkle on my lipsticks but after watching countless reviews on Youtube, I found out that the shimmer only shows up a tiny bit on the lips. Even if it showed up more I probably still would have gotten one, because it's quite exciting to see a change with this range. It was a good way to spice things up a bit for us Maybelline Baby Lips lovers. 


As you can see, the shimmers are very visible on the product. I love how sparkly this particular color looks in the tube. It is wonderfully girly!


My mom found this display at Rite Aid and they are priced at $3.99. I have seen it a few more times so I don't think you will have a hard time finding them.


Unfortunately the color pay off is not very strong, even though this shade is the one most people say has the most pigment. I was hoping for the same amount of color as my #125 in Very Berry. Instead, this is a very sheer pink with just the smallest amount extra glittery shine. My lips are so pigmented it barely shows up.


My love for Maybelline Baby Lips still stands though because they are what I love to wear on my lips daily. There are always one or two tubes in my bag and they are probably my most used makeup item. I have very dry lips, therefore Baby Lips are essential to me. 




Pink Quartz sheer color is perfect for everyday, even though I would love a little more color. I still see myself finishing this tube this summer and I am still hinting down Very Berry which is my all time favorite. The Baby Lips Crystal collection was not my favorite but I think it means that next time around Maybelline might bring even more cool changes. I can't wait to see what they come up with next! Are you a Baby Lips lover?

No comments

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)