This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc.
its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCafeMyWay #CollectiveBias and
We always look to the end of the holiday season as the end of the busiest time of year, but the fact is that for most of us every month is just as busy. Once you have kids, you can basically kiss any semblance of "peace and quiet" goodbye and you will be lucky to get any time off. In fact January is incredibly busy for me and since there are no holidays attached to it, it's not as fun as December was at all. There are just a lot of grown up things to do: DMV visits, insurance renewals, preparation of taxes, etc. Being a grown up is fun up until you have to take care of all these things on your own, and I spent most of my January tending to these errands, plus more! It was time for a McCafé break.
I've been enjoying a cup of McCafé coffee pods and taking a break from life's everyday hustle. Let me tell you more about it.
I attended a McCafé coffee demo at my local Walmart last week and got to sample French Roast and Breakfast Blend flavors. You can find McCafé in both bagged and pod variety so you can enjoy it on a Keurig or on a traditional brewer. Made with 100% Arabica Beans McCafé coffee's are harvested from the rich soils and mountainous regions of the foremost coffee-growing areas of the world. These are now available at Walmart in 8 flavors to choose from.
5 Ways To Enjoy 30 Minutes To Yourself
I always take 30 minutes to myself per day to unwind and relax. Sometimes I get to do this before starting a busy day, or sometimes I will get my mini-break during the day while Julius is napping. These are some of the ways that I take those short 30 minutes to recharge my body and mind.
- Brew a cup of McCafé French Roast and sit outside to enjoy it. Being indoors all day is not good for your mind, you forget what a big world is out there. Sometimes I will sit outside and watch my neighbors heading out to work or I will sit outside and enjoy the view of the mountains behind my apartments. Even if I spend the rest of the day inside, at least I had 30 minutes to enjoy the beauty my town has to offer.
- Inviting a friend over for a cup of McCafé is another way to take a break while reminding yourself that you are a grownup and can talk about other things than singing snowmen and purple dinosaurs.
- Enjoy a few songs from your favorite playlist! I love laying down on the couch with my phone and listening to music for a while. On my playlist are many songs from the 90's and current popular music but my favorite has to be Avicii - The Nights.
- Other days I will pull out my notebook, my cup of coffee and listen music while jotting down notes and ideas for outfits of the day, or other fun posts. A lot of times, those posts don't come to fruition because life is too busy, but letting that creativity take over is a great way relax and get my brain working on ideas for the future.
- There's something to be said about a power nap! This is not really the norm but every once in a blue moon while Julius is sleeping, I will get to catch a 30 minute power nap and when I do, it's like I am a whole other person. I recommend power naps especially when you can take them while holding on to the most wonderful little person in your life.
There are many other ways to enjoy a 30 minute break: you can read, watch Netlix, have a mani-pedi or do a mask at home. I usually have spa night every Sunday so I take my daily thirty to do some other things that also help me relax and unwind. Life is busy, but that doesn't me that we can't take some "me time" everyday to recharge. If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What's not to love? If you're looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!