Have you looked outside your window today? I live in Southern California and signs of springs arrival are everywhere. Last week we got our first taste of pre-spring showers, and it was nice to have a few rainy days. In our town spring only sticks around for about a month before the heat rolls in, so if you live here, you totally want to take advantage of every moment. Next to fall, spring is my favorite season and I am doing a lot of prep so that I can enjoy it to the max. A lot of the prep has been shopping, because what would spring be without a brand new wardrobe? No way that I want to wear all the stuff that I was wearing all fall and winter, I want to have all those cute little outfits that I just saw at my favorite boutique. I also want some of those pastel strappy sandals that are all over fashion magazines, and of course I want all of the spring lines of makeup. And I want to have a fun and relaxing spring break. We're still undecided as to a trip to a theme park or a few days away, but I am saving my pennies for whichever we end up doing.
To help you save some money for spring break, I am sharing a few tips to save on your spring shopping:
- Drugstore shopping can be just as rewarding as high end department stores when it comes to makeup. Spring makeup lines are launching everywhere and instead of paying $49 for a high end foundation, visit the drugstore and get everything you need for that same price. I'm partial to drugstore polish and lipsticks.
- Use your phone to download savings apps. Almost every store has an app or accepts online coupons. Having these apps on hand will make your money stretch a lot further.
- Clipping coupons is a good way to get more bang for your buck. I get my Sunday paper every week and take an hour to organize my coupons. Almost all of my bath & beauty items are purchased using coupons.
- Finding the best data plan for your needs is important but you can also do it on budget. Walmart Family Mobile is only $29.88/month (for the first line) Unlimited Talk, Text & Data service plan which includes up to 500MB of 4G LTE data. Why would I want to pay more if I can get 4G LTE speeds for just under $30 per month?
- Finding the right phone is also important because this is where you will have all those apps that will save you money. Right now you can purchase the LG L90 for only $99.82 - WAS $179.88.
- Following your favorite brands online is another way to score deals. When I have time, I like to sit down with my phone and check out my fave brands on Instagram. This is where they announce special promo codes and deals. Yesterday I got a deal for two lipsticks I have wanted forever, for more than 50% off!
- Selling off some of your fall/winter items is one way to earn some extra cash. I do this every season and always make enough for a few shopping trips. This is how I always have the most updated styles.
I'm always looking for ways to save money and by doing so I get to enjoy a lot more things on my budget. Did you hear? Spring is coming! How will you save some pennies to enjoy a better spring?
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/aafid or your local Walmart for current pricing.