3 Tips For Shopping for Boys - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

3 Tips For Shopping for Boys

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SendSmiles #CollectiveBias

Besides being mom to a 2 year old boy, I am aunt to 4 boys. My mom didn't have any girls but now there is no shortage of boys in the family. Something kind of weird and cool is that all of them have birthdays between now and the beginning of September. Kinda neat and yet a little stressful when you realize that you need to shop for 4 boy gifts and boys are not the easiest to shop for. But now with my son and all those nephews, I am becoming much better at shopping for little boys and today I want to share some of my tips.


3 Tips to Make Shopping for Boys Easier

1: Do some detective work: Find out what their favorite character (right now Minions are HOT), toys, clothing type is. Ask their parents, or take a tour of their room to see what kind of toys they really prefer. All my nephews like different characters and toys, so it's not always about going with what is popular at the moment. Before you head out to shop, do some detective work and gather your intel. That includes shoe and clothing sizes too!

2: Be a cool gift giver: Even though I did say to take clothes and shoe sizes, don't be the person that gifts all clothes, or even worse socks. Let the parental units be the ones who give the boring gifts, you can be the cool gift giver and give the kids something they really will have fun with. I always take note of the boys sizes because I like to include an outfit and maybe some shoes in their gifts, but that is only after I have secured some very cool toys first.

3: Make a list and shop ahead of time: Waiting until the last moment to buy a gift usually means you're going to pay top dollar, and buying a rushed gift doesn't always equal a successful gift either. I have a list on my calendar of all birthdays and when the date begins to approach I begin to look. This is how you will stretch your dollar further and score them more goodies versus paying for the very expensive gift at the last moment. I also like to stock up on birthday cards including Minions Kids Birthday Cards from the Hallmark aisle at Walmart.


You can find the special Minions Birthday Cards along with other Hallmark cards at Walmart. With Minions being so popular at the moment and Anthony being such a big fan of theirs, I made sure to grab him one of those. All of these include a cute clip that he can hang on his backpack or other bag afterwards. These are neat and I suggest picking one up if you have a Minions fan in the family. 


I'm all stocked up on Hallmark Birthday cards for all the boys, now I just need to finish the shopping!  Who are you celebrating this summer and are they fans of Minions? 
A video posted by @5eyelinersxo on

No comments

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)