This week marks the return of back-to school and of the busiest season of the year for us. It's a time when we will have so much to do that it can get really stressful. Lucky for me that I belong to a big family and between all of us we pull together as a team and everyone pulls their weight to make the transition to the new schedule as smooth as possible.
Besides having my team behind me to help out I also have my cellular service to back me up, Walmart Family Mobile PLUS. plan that has Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data which includes up to 10GB of 4G LTE data PLUS a free movie on VUDU (new release rental $7 value) every month per line for $49.88, I am able to use my phone to the maximum as a tool to keep me on track and in touch with the team. Having an affordable plan and my new phone, the HTC Desire 530, goes a long way in making sure I don't miss anything.
Isn't this phone cute? It's only $129 right now and I love how cool it is plus how much it simplifies my life. The calendar keeps me on track, I can message my family all day to check on my son and when I actually have some downtime it also provides a ton of entertainment. Plus I love getting a FREE VUDU movie monthly, which we're able to watch on a SmartTV, on a TV via Roku, Chromecast, etc. It gives us a free movie night to enjoy with the family once a month.
One of our favorite ways to spend Sunday night is to have a movie night at home with the whole family. This past weekend we had an Angry Birds themed movie night and as part of the evening I thought it would be fun for the kids to make Angry Bird masks representing the Angry Bird character that they love the most. It's something of a heated debate between us. Are you team bird or team pig and why is your team better? What better way to show which team and which character is their fave than by making a mask of their favorite.
We're pretty big into arts and crafts at our house and usually have all the items necessary for any craft. But in case you're missing a few things, the crafting section in Walmart has everything you will need for kids crafts, and it's where I got all of the stuff below.
You will need:
Package of sticky back primary colors foam sheets
Wooden popsicle sticks
- For the Angry Bird heads you need to cut paper plates so you're left with the circle in the middle of the plate. If kids are helping to cut, please make sure that you're using safety scissors or you can do the cutting yourself.
- Trace the plate on a foam sheet and cut out, placing the foam on top of the plate. I like using the sheets that are sticky on back because it cuts down on the glueing and mess.
- Once you have the round part of the Angry Bird head ready to go is where the kids, and you, can really get creative. Using my phone I pull up the character that we are working on and as a team we start cutting out the shapes for the face.
- I suggest placing all of the shapes where you want them BEFORE taking off the backing of the sticky paper, or you might end up with a really unfortunate looking guy. But I love letting everyone go to town on their shapes and seeing just how quickly this circle turns into an actual Angry Bird. These have been some of the easiest characters for us to recreate, which makes this a perfect craft for children.
- The last step once your Angry Bird head is completed is to glue a wooden popsicle stick to the back of the head (not as much glue as we used) and allow to dry for about 10 minutes.
What a great way to spend a few hours with the family. First we made Angry Bird crafts and then we watched the Angry Birds movie which is super funny. The next months are going to be super busy, and these quality family moments are even more important than ever.
isit your local Walmart to find our more about Walmart Family Mobile Plus. For the first time ever the starter kit will be on rollback for $19.88 (from $25) which means you can start your service at that low price plus the cost of your phone. Service is billed a few weeks later so it's a really low cost service to begin. Love Angry Birds? You can also visit the Angry Birds hub to find an in-store event near you to meet with a Walmart Family Mobile rep. The event will have a code that you can scan to receive a free power up for the Endless Runner Game on the Angry Birds Action! app. Also, find the Scan the Angry Birds code on the Angry Birds displays to unlock a selfie augmented reality experience with the Hatchlings.
All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/4q-u1 or your local Walmart for current pricing.