Life Lessons - 5 Eyeliners and a Gloss

Life Lessons

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CambialoConQS #CollectiveBias

Vehicle maintenance is a top priority in our household, ever since the days when my grandmother came to the US from Mexico, not knowing how to drive, bought herself her first car and then proceeded to learn to drive and maintain that car. 

One of the easier things to do when it comes to maintaining our vehicle is to do an at-home oil change. That's why one of the reasons that it's so convenient we live on the same street as a Walmart. If we are in a hurry we can drive in for a change or if we have time we can do our own at home using Quaker State® Advanced Durability™ Motor Oil. Quaker State is the #1 oil in Mexico which means that it's probably the same oil our family who lives there uses and that it's an oil we can trust with our car too. 

Those first few miles after you pour brand new oil into your car? Child’s play. It’s the thousands of miles of stop-and-go traffic, idling, and extreme temperatures that are the true tests of toughness. These are exactly the tests that we put Quaker State® Advanced Durability™ Motor Oil through. In taxi fleets across North America, we test our oil to ensure it delivers even more protection. Quaker State® Advanced Durability™ proved it delivers twice the wear protection of the industry standard throughout its life.


Like any regular mom, I am usually running behind in the mornings. With a full-time job, a four year old at home and so many things to do, I usually run into the car with my bag full of makeup and a bare face. This is the lesson about not going to work looking like I just woke up, and truly I never would because it's just not in me to go to work and face people looking less than okay. Today I am going to show you the quick makeup routine I do on those days that I am really running behind, in the car while I am being driven to work. 
I am a school photographer so I deal with people all day which means it's important I don't look like a zombie at work. But I do keep my makeup simple, more of a no-makeup look, while still wearing enough to make me look presentable. 

1: foundation- a light coverage foundation to even out skin tone and cover any blemishes
2: concealer- a secret weapon for moms! This gets rid of those dark circles from lack of sleep
3: powder- I have extremely oily skin but will not have time to blot during the day or touch-ups. That's why I always use a really good matte powder to set my face in the morning.
4: blush & countour- you can skip the contour but it's a step I always add so that my face has more dimension. Really important is a pop of blush on the cheeks, this immediately wakes up your face and gives a healthy glow. 
5: mascara- a few coats of mascara will wake up your eyes and make them look less tired
5: lip color- finish off by adding a nice pop of color to your lips.


As you can see I keep all my makeup simple and all of the colors I use are nude neutrals. But they make a ton of difference in how I look and most of all how I feel. It's hard to have a good day at work when you don't look your best and this simple 15 minute makeup allows me to feel confident all day. 



Taking care of ourselves, our family and our car makes for a better life. It takes effort to keep all things looking and working good, but in the end it's all worthwhile. When was your last vehicle maintenance and oil change?

No comments

We L.O.V.E. Comments :)